Is this something where you plan to offer community copies? I’m working on a journaling rpg plan for my classroom and this looks fun to adapt so I’d love one if they were available.
Costume Fairy Adventures
A downloadable tabletop RPG
Welcome to Costume Fairy Adventures, a game about fairies.
(Fairies are not good at creative titles.)
From enchanted forests to star-faring spaceships, and even to your own backyard, fairies can be found just about anywhere – and where fairies go, shenanigans are sure to follow! Drawing magic from the power of mischief, fairies can turn the world upside-down with whimsical wishes and preternatural pranks – and when their usual tricks aren't enough, new talents are only a change of clothes away.
Costume Fairy Adventures is an improvisational roleplaying game for 2 to 7 players. Gather your friends and a handful of six-sided dice and take on the role of a fairy of your very own. With lightning-fast character creation, over 100 ready-to-wear costumes courtesy of the Core Costume Deck, and a whole passel of pregenerated pranking patsies – including fuddled philosophers, solicitous spiders, and gnefarious gnomish gnecromancers – you'll be ready for mischief in mere minutes.
What are you waiting for? Adventure awaits!
This game includes:
- The Costume Fairy Adventures Core Rulebook PDF, in both singles (one-up) and spreads (two-up) formats
- A 108-card print-and-play Core Costume Deck PDF
- A zipfile containing high-resolution images of all 108 cards (for use in online tabletop apps)
- A freely distributable Costume Reference Booklet PDF (for use in online games that aren't using a tabletop app)*
- Character record sheet PDFs in both printable and form-fillable formats*
* The indicated items are also available for download from the Penguin King Games website at penguinking.com.
Print-on-demand copies can be ordered via DriveThruRPG:
In order to download this tabletop RPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Print availabilityJun 15, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
So, where are the pregenerated fairies? The rulebook says they can be found on the Penguin King website, but there's only empty character sheets, a costume reference, and some playset-specific materials.
The rulebook also states that there is a "Costume Fairy Adventures Quickstart Edition", but that's not found anywhere, either.
I’m kinda in love with the dice mechanics here.
Sure, all of the game is grand, but that part is just so elegant and feels good.
The math is fine and all but not enough love is given in most games to making the dice feel good imo.